Thursday, January 31, 2008

The secret weapons to success could be right at your fingertips Part 1

My desk is a veritable treasure trove of weaponry… weapons of success that is. Having spent much of my working life at a desk in front of a computer I decided a few years ago that what I had with me at my desk was going to be vital in assisting me towards achieving my definition of success.

Weapon 1. The What Rocked Journal



I’ve always been envious at the amazing diaries my Mum has been able to keep over years. Envious, yet seemingly unable to replicate this feat! Until this year that is… instead of attempting to match my Mum’s feat I simply start a “what rocked” journal on the 1st of January, 2007. One small entry per day of something that was awesome (aka that rocked) about my day.



On the days I’ve shown above I’ve listed completely unrelated things for each day, like having John Anderson (legendary Contiki founder) agree to write the foreword to my book Retired at 27, having a great dinner with friends and a promo launch of a new business.

By focussing on the good in each day the aim is to attract more of that great stuff into my life rather than focussing on the dull or down side of each day.

"Life is not so much a matter of 'finding' ourselves as it is a matter of making ourselves." Alan Loy McGinnis

More weapons to come in following blogs.

Sign up to Kirsty's weekly email online at: www.kirstydunphey.com/weekly.html

By Kirsty Dunphey with 1 comment

1 comments:

Its a good weapon I fully agree. I also used to maintain diary for similar purposes sometime back, however, now I use the blog for that purpose,to kind of avoid duplication.

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives